Automation in test & measurement equipment unlocks many benefits across the entire industry, from scientific research, to R&D, to Manufacturing, and customer support. Industry standardization drove broad adoption of common command language of SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments), that has formed the basis for controlling instruments, and building drivers and test system applications.
GradientOne offers a new approach for multi-instrument support for engineers to connect their devices to the web and send SCPI commands via any web browser for remote programming and control. The ability to pass SCPI commands in conjunction with a GradientOne’s mix of pre packaged test routines for capturing waveforms, screenshots, and instrument setups unlocks new capabilities for remote control as well as troubleshooting/debugging test rigs, bench setups, and more.
Getting set up is pretty easy. No need to program drivers, deal with VISA, etc. GradientOne takes care of this for you. Simply connect your instrument to the same network as your computer. Then download a configuration file that registers your setup with the GradientOne cloud. Then install the GradientOne agent.
In the video below you can see a quick demo of how you can easily send SCPI commands to control an instrument for troubleshooting, while also sending test routines to view screenshots, acquire data, and more.
We've set up an oscilloscope you can remotely control to try for yourself. To send a SCPI command try the following:
1) Click on the button below
2) Select "SCPI" from the drop down menu (chevron) on the upper right next to Get Data.
3) Enter a name for this configuration in the "Enter Config Name" field
4) Below that select "Ask" from the drop down menu
5) Enter "*IDN?" in the "Enter SCPI Command" field
6) Click "Get Data" and you should see the results of the oscilloscope processing the *IDN? command.